Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Today I am thankful for compassion

Compassion is defined as "a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering."
 
 
I absolutely love that last part. Because when I think of compassion, it's what I think of.
 
That and forgiveness.
 
I have had so many people extend compassion towards me and I have had the wonderful opportunity to be compassionate. And it IS an opportunity.
 
My husband is compassionate towards me everyday........
That's called a marriage! AH!
 
Of course the ultimate example of compassion is our Savior.
 
The Book of Mormon says this about the Lord's compassion towards us,
"And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filler with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." Alma 7:12
 

I was trying to capture the feeling of the Lord's hand always being stretched out towards us.
 
What are you thankful for Today?

No comments:

Post a Comment