Monday, November 4, 2013

Today I am thankful for Dreams

The Thankful Project Day 4
 
I am grateful (how ironic) that these subjects for gratitude are a bit obscure. I mean, don't get me wrong, simple and straight forward is wonderful.
But with there being a bit different, I really have to think about what I am going to be thankful for.
 
Like today's subject of
 
DREAMS
 
Now, literally, I am thankful for dreams.....sometimes. They indicate that I hit REM sleep, which is awesome. And most of the time they are an escape from real life. Now, when I was working full time, I had way too many work dreams, and I still have them occasionally, so I was not and AM NOT thankful for those dreams or nightmares
 
But in the figurative sense, there are lots of dreams that I am thankful for. I am thankful for the dream I had to work in the medical field. I will continue on with that dream one of these days! I am thankful for the dream I had to marry a worth priesthood holder in the Temple. I know that has blessed my life in many ways. I am thankful for the dream my Grandpa had. He dreamed that my Dad would play professional baseball. It lead to lots of other things, but mostly it lead to my Dad meeting my Mom. I am thankful for the dream that Mike has to become a Dr. It has lead us down here to Tucson and I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that we are meant to be here. Right here, Right now.
 
So how to get a picture that represents "dreams?" Well the first thing that came to my mind, besides watching someone sleep, is....whimsy? Something fragile, that could blow away or be pushed aside, but that has the potential to lift us up and help us do great things.
 
 
 
What signifies all that better than balloons????
 
What are you thankful for today?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment